Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Tile, Quartz, Counter tops, Back splashes...

Sorry it has been awhile since my last update but a lot has been going on. I will have to save some of it for another post but some of the most recent activity has centered around counter tops, back splashes, and end splashes. We ordered the last three counter tops for the in quartz, I bought all the cabinet hardware, and back splash tile for behind the stove.
The tile and trim for behind the stove are a mix of glass and tumbled marble. It stays true to my monochromatic color scheme for the kitchen built ins. I will kick up the color in my accessories. I stood in the tile aisle at Lowe's for over an hour looking over their selections. They had some nice tiles in stock and since this is such a small area this tile worked perfectly.


The quartz counter tops came in for the master bathroom, second bathroom, and hallway. The below picture is the master bathroom with the kohler ying and yang sink. I am still in search of a mirror.




Kohler Ying and Yang



Ok, now for the second bath... we had a little issue. The company that made our quartz counter tops sent us the wrong color counter top but the right color back and end splashes. Instead of taking the counter tops back to the store and starting all over we decided to leave the wrong color if they would send us new back splashes and give us a discount. They agreed but only $100.00 in credit. I thought it could be more but whatever...



The Mirror for the second bath. (this is the mirror from the old guest room)




Here you can see the counter top (Sedona) and the back splashes (St. Croix). St. Croix is the color I originally picked but Sedona is what I will end up with. The Sedona is very pretty and actually has a very pretty white flake in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment