Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Almost but not quite...

Well, the new garage door was partially installed last week, some stone was partially put up, and we have partial electricity!

The garage door was installed but the wiring, weather stripping, and hardware could not be completed at the time of install. We had some obstacles but now we have them resolved and can move on to finishing. The weather stripping they brought was not quite the right color so I had to choose a new one so it is on order. The electrician wired the garage door system in the ceiling not the wall (as requested) so Todd has to run the sensor wires over to the motor so they can finish the installation. The hardware is in the garage but waiting for the weather stripping.

As for the stone... the job is long and tedious! My dad (Gary) and mom (Sandy) were here last weekend. Todd put up the wire mesh while dad put on the scratch coat and then on Sunday they started laying the stone. I love it and it will be so nice but the pattern is random and tedious to put up. Of course, I couldn't pick something quick and easy...

Alliant came on Thursday after some prodding and got the electricity to the box and the electrician came on Friday to hang some lights and give us some juice to the outlets.

Mike is coming back after vacation to finish the bathrooms and garage (wall texture) and Todd has to install the tub and shower before hand.

Things are moving along. I am convinced it would move faster if I could be there everyday and keep track of things but that isn't a reality for me so I do what I can when I can do it. I know eventually it will all get done.

It is really starting to look like a house and I am so anxious to get started on the interior finishes BUT we need to get it buttoned up so they can hook up the geo thermal and we can work in there this winter.

Here are a few pics of the partial projects :)


Southeast corner

Scratch coat

New Meter (notice the Zeros...)

Garage door - hardware and trim

No comments:

Post a Comment