Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I am back...

I have to admit I really didn't do a whole lot on my vacation and I am ok with it!



My week started with a family get together on the 2nd and then the rest of the week was really all mine... I ran a lot of errands, baked Iny's spice cake, Ree's brownies, cooked large dinners, practised my grilling skills, went to see Larry Crowne, shopped at the local thrift store, donated to the local thrift store, loads of laundry, read a book, finished another book, had a personal picnic, visited husband's grandparents, and most of all relaxed.



I received some very horrible news about a VERY close friend of mine and I am still working that out. I am sure I will post about it soon, I just don't have the courage to discuss it just yet.



I didn't take a ton of pictures but I am sharing what I did manage to snap...




Flamboyant Garden Fairy...



Friday July 1st... I was ready to leave the office the minute I got in. I only work half days on Friday's in the summer so my items were ready to grab and leave.

July 2nd, we celebrated the holiday with family so I spent most of my time right here... great weather, great food, and great drinks!


July 3rd... this little guy came to visit.


July 8th, I packed my lunch, grabbed a book and my camera and headed to The Gardens. Our little town has the most beautiful gardens. The new Pavilion (above) is done and looks wonderful!










I love Garden Art!




This is always a good view!






Please don't eat the Daisy's...



This is the story of the Peterson Sisters...




I LOVE lilly pads! They remind me of a time my grandfather and I were paddling on an Iowa lake and he told me the story of lilly pads. (He was a Conservationist by trade)












I really want one of these in my garden. The movement is so graceful!






Butterfly Sundial another must for future garden!





The End of a Good Week... now back to work!



No comments:

Post a Comment