Life has been dealing us some crazy hands lately. I keep thinking... it can always be worse. Everyone is relatively healthy and we are so blessed but every time we turn around there is a new obstacle. There are days that we are exhausted and think we want to give up but something keeps pushing us forward. It was our dream to live in the country and as I sat on the front porch yesterday soaking up the sun it all came back to me as to why I am here. No one said good things in life are easy to find or acquire. We need to be tested sometimes to truly appreciate the beauty of our blessings.
I have mentioned a few of our issues in passing but not all of them. We have one major problem that has yet to be resolved. It has put a dent in our schedule because each time we have to deal with that problem, it takes away from progress. However, we don't wallow in it either. There is a time for everything, including work.
The wood flooring will be in this week and then we have to wait 2 weeks to let the wood acclimate to the houses humidity (ideally 40%). That will give Todd time to put the slate in the entry way and pantry. It is here and ready to be installed. We have only one room left to paint and that is the master bedroom. I ended up with 7 different paint colors. Not so bad.
Todd painting closet in Guest Room
Guest Room paint is SW Curio Grey.
The guest room is getting a new look from the old house. I am using the same antique natural maple furniture but the colors scheme is different. I actually bought a new white comforter and shams with grey/ brown/rust/orange accent pillows. I have the lighting picked out and will probably reuse my rust high back chair (if it fits). I have attached a few things that I have to go in the room already.

I bought the white comforter and shams along with the round medallion pillow in the second picture. 
This is the type of lighting I would like to put in the guest room. I really want this exact light but I have been prioritizing my purchases.

High back chair from old house (was in the den)
Antique natural maple dresser but with a new mirror. The mirror in this picture is being used elsewhere. The lamps might be reused but new drum shades or recover the existing ones.
No comments:
Post a Comment