Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fall tidbits...

My feathered friends are being fed for the winter. I put out the bird feeders this weekend so all my feathered friends will get accustomed to visiting before I move in. I can see these feeders from all parts of the house. I love it! In the old house I could only see them from the kitchen but here I can see them from almost every room except the Den.





So, I always have a basket of cherry or grape tomatoes on the counter or some kind of berry in the fridge. I have seen the white ceramic berry baskets on-line but the other day in the clearance section at Kohl's I picked up these two cuties for $2.96 each! Can't beat that. Now I will have a cute place to store my small veggies and fruits.





Bath and Body Works has some delightful scents this year. This is the Apple Crumb Cake with a metal Mum candle holder. It makes the house smell yummy!




I bought a new mirror for the master bath. I have been looking all over for a mirror with a mirror frame and low and behold I was in Hobby Lobby (on other business) and walked past this mirror that happen to be 50% off that day! It was the only one like it so I snatched it up!

Of course we need to hang it but it works perfectly.

We have owned this doorbell for a long time. I bought it for Todd to put on the cabin but when we decided to build and move I told him to hold off and put it on the new house. I love it, it will look so nice and I think it lights up as well.



So the move in date is no later than the first week of December. I was looking forward to Thanksgiving but... I know I sound like a broken record. Trust me, no one in this world wants to move into their home more than I do. At this point, I will take one completed shower and carpet. The rest can be finished as we live there. I have been using the new washer and dryer already so they are working. Both bathroom toilets are working.

I have lived in construction before I can do it again. Luckily, all the messy stuff is almost done. The Fireplace is framed and I need to order the stone that will go around that. I also have to sand, distress, and stain the mantel. Anyway, it is coming together slow but sure.

Living Room fireplace framed.





Future mantel

No comments:

Post a Comment