Seriously, I can not believe it is almost Thanksgiving. The weather outside today is absolutely delightful. I had the window down in the car! It is so hard to start thinking about the holiday's when the weather is so fine. This must be how the Southerner's feel ever year...But to kick off the season I start here.
Starbucks Pumpkin latte~they do it rightThen I usually pull this DVD from my collection and watch it for the 3rd year in a row. I found this at a thrift shop for a dollar and love it! I know some of you are not fans of Martha Stewart but the women can cook, craft, create, and organize.

I have never owned a cornucopia but if I did I would like it to look just like this one. It is stunning. I found it at Williams Sonoma.
Still after all these years I drool over the Spode Woodlands China. If I could set my table with just the salad plates I would be in heaven. They are traditional and timeless.

As of today, my only "Thanksgiving-ish" piece of tableware is an amber glass turkey I got at Williams Sonoma many years ago to hold my cranberry relish. LOVE cranberry relish, I spike mine with orange liqueur. Yum!

To start the afternoon off right... I like Rombauer. It is pricey and it is hard to find but maybe it is the challenge that makes it taste so good. The chardonay is my favorite.

...and last but surely not least the turnkey. I have made plenty of turkeys many different ways but the trusty turkey in an oven bag is always my most moist turkey. I know it doesn't sound extremely "culinary" of me but it works. I have yet to brine a turkey, maybe someday when I have more time.

I have never owned a cornucopia but if I did I would like it to look just like this one. It is stunning. I found it at Williams Sonoma.
Still after all these years I drool over the Spode Woodlands China. If I could set my table with just the salad plates I would be in heaven. They are traditional and timeless.
As of today, my only "Thanksgiving-ish" piece of tableware is an amber glass turkey I got at Williams Sonoma many years ago to hold my cranberry relish. LOVE cranberry relish, I spike mine with orange liqueur. Yum!

To start the afternoon off right... I like Rombauer. It is pricey and it is hard to find but maybe it is the challenge that makes it taste so good. The chardonay is my favorite.

...and last but surely not least the turnkey. I have made plenty of turkeys many different ways but the trusty turkey in an oven bag is always my most moist turkey. I know it doesn't sound extremely "culinary" of me but it works. I have yet to brine a turkey, maybe someday when I have more time.
KC

No comments:
Post a Comment