Friday, November 18, 2011

This Week...


I don't have a Starbucks but most of the local coffee shops including Micky D's have a peppermint mocha on their menu. It has been a hard habit to break!



Then of course there is my favorite Christmas magazine... English Home. They always throw in an extra "mini" issue that discusses the history of Christmas and holiday traditions in the UK. Being a direct descendant of an English born and raised grandmother I am always attracted to anything British.
Every once in awhile I am on a mission of some sort and I hit the thrift stores. I don't go too often but it is so fun when I find a good deal. I bought this Fifth Avenue Ltd crystal Christmas tree made in Poland. Isn't it pretty. I picked it up for $4.00 at the Salvation Army, shined it up and WOW. I love a bargain.


I love the book store. This week I picked up this little gem. A collection of Christmas stories, not the old stories about Santa and his elves but short stories about Sherlock Holmes and others all set around the holidays. I love books of short stories.


1 comment:

Allie said...

Peppermint mocha, pumpkin spice, egg nog, toffee nut, caramel brulee, how do I stay away...

Post a Comment