... this is not a pretty picture!
Obviously there is still lots of work to do at the house but here is a peek at a new project. (Like I need more projects)
Obviously there is still lots of work to do at the house but here is a peek at a new project. (Like I need more projects)

This Duncan Phyfe dining table needs serious repair or a make over. I only have two of the 6 chairs recovered but I am trying to decide what to do with the table. It will cost us +/- $1000.00 to fix it. I did a little homework online and found out it is worth somewhere between $200.00 and $800.00. The chairs are actually worth more. I found someone selling the EXACT chairs in a set of two for $980.00. Wow! I have been racking my brain on some creative ways to fix this table up. I can limp it along for awhile with a creative and wide runner that runs the short distance but long term I am not sure what I want to do. I welcome your ideas! We are buying 2 new upholstered chairs to put on the ends but that will have to wait until some of our other projects are complete.

(Disclaimer... the fireplace needs stone and the mantel needs stained. The carpet is not installed and the trim is not on the windows)
Oh... and we hung the dining room light! Two rugs later we settled on the 8x10 Jute rug from West Elm. Carpet will be coming the week of the 26th when I am on vacation. We are moving forward so it won't be long now. I am moving in with or without trim and doors just give me a place to wash my skin and I am good to go!
The master bathroom shower is almost ready to show. It just needs to be grouted and then I can post the beginning to end photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment