Friday, July 23, 2010

When it rains it pours...

The rain has been relentless and damaging. I want to vent about all the problems it has caused but honestly I am not sure I feel like talking about it. I once loved to sleep when it rained, now I lay awake worrying!
The windows and house wrap should have been put on weeks ago but for some reason things keep stalling this installation. Hopefully once all this dries out again we can get cracking on this. My patience are growing thin.
On an up note the house looks really good and the soffit and fascia is really coming along nicely. I have a lot of exterior colors and stone decisions to make in the next few days. I hope I can get some of my issues resolved so we can move forward. The exterior really needs to be buttoned up!
The plumbers were there on Thursday and started putting the sewer pipes and vents in. We did a walk through on Wednesday and marked everything so everyone understand where things will be. I hope I don't have any surprises :) Jason starts on Monday with all the wiring.

Well things are progressing... my dreams of moving in around Thanksgiving may be just that "a dream" but as long as things look good, straight, and level I can't complain. I want a good house not a hurried house!

As Martha Stewart always says "A good house is never done". Gotta love her, even if she is bossy to her TV guests! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment