Thursday, September 9, 2010

I am a little behind...

I have been very busy at work and home so I am a little behind in my updates. The interior of the house has dry wall and they are taping the joints now. Lots of dust! The garage is next. Todd has to insulate the garage and install the cement board in the showers.

The shower basin came in this week for the master bath, this will make tiling the shower a breeze! It is a product by Tile Redi. It is a shower basin made to fit your shower (ours was standard) with a niche for shampoo and soap. It comes with it's own drain, flashing, pitch, and epoxy for tiling. You can tile right over the top of it. The customer service was ridiculously quick and helpful. I was impressed! http://www.tileredi.com/ This will be installed in the master bath. I have the sink, faucets, and toilet picked out but not purchased yet. The sink is VERY cool and I am excited to order it! We have stayed with all Kohler plumbing fixtures. We wanted to keep the house consistent when buying products. Even our kitchen appliances will be all the same brand.

In the second bath the only thing I have left to order are the tile, cabinets, and sconces. The faucets and sink are here and the tub and toilet will be in Monday. It would be nice to have both bathrooms done by the time we move in but I think the master will come after. The second bath is actually bigger and we have almost everything purchased for it. It will be nice! I picked out some tumbled marble flooring from Home Depot (it was stock). I haven't picked out the tub/shower tile yet but I have some time.

My theme has been to stay real neutral with my flooring, cabinets, and fixtures. I like to change things frequently so this will give me a lot of flexibility in the future. It also gives me the opportunity to buy things that are in stock rather than waiting. Home Depot and Lowe's has a nice selection of stock tiles.

In the pantry I will use a granite tile for the floor. The pantry doesn't have a window so I need to keep things light and bright. I will use white base cabinets and shelving above. I found a stock granite at Menard's (yes Menard's) that is white with a black speckle. I think this will make the space look sharp and bright! It will look totally different than the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment