Friday, February 11, 2011

Home Sick

I caught it and tried to ignore it- mistake. I am currently laying on an air bed in the living room watching P Allen Smith and wishing I was recovering in the above bedroom. Recovery would be much quicker. When your sick all your thoughts are negative. I hate my job, I hate the weather, I want my house done, I need a vacation, I wish I could lose weight... oh the list goes on. Seriously, what else do you think about when you sick in bed. Good News is at some point I turn it around and say, "Get up do it, fix it, change it, and move on (as soon as you feel better)..."

I am not the Queen of Positive Attitudes but I am aware of myself and I try to keep real. I know when things are spiralling downward and remind myself at how fortunate I am. We need reminders and people who will help us stay grounded and move forward. I have a feeling 2011 is a year of change for me. I can't predict the future but I have a lot of things going on that could evolve into something good. I am keeping my mind and attitude open to new ideas and opportunities.

On a lighter note:
TC and I were granted one of the most honored compliments last night, it was the highlight of my week. I pray we never have to fill the role but to be honored as "the bug's" guardians is a privilege.
Also, the sun is shining, it's Friday, and I am resting finally. I have let go of all the work stress (even as my phone rings this very minute) that probably contributed to my sickness and I will be better by the end of today. It is suppose to warm up this weekend so maybe I can get OUT and get some much needed fresh air.

Stay well and Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment