Everybody was in full force this morning. Charlson's had the crew out there this morning working. Good to see Ron back from his winter off. I haven't seen him in awhile. He was even busy trying to straighten up the drive way. Seems like a losing battle but I appreciate his effort. The mud was over my ankles on my boots. I broke out the wellies yesterday. There is NO way you can walk around there without them. MUDDY!
The well is almost complete, we had to go another 20 feet or so. I could see the water shooting out of the hole! It was running clear when I left, no oil... Shoot!
Another layer of rock went in the hole this morning and the forms are being set. I would assume the basement walls will be poured by Thursday. Lot's of stuff going in that basement floor, and I was having a little stress yesterday worrying about who was doing what. They all assured me it was fine and no one was going to pour the floor until they all checked with each other. I hope they are right...
Jason came out this morning to hook up the juice. That will help so there isn't so much running back and forth etc. We could have used that last night when we were running the pump, but hopefully the water issue is over and everything will stay dry now.
I went to the window showroom yesterday (Eagle by Anderson). They look nice. We are doing black exterior window frames with 6 over 6 kits. We have a combo of double hungs and casement. The den and dining room windows have transoms and the front window is curved like the picture. The kits are between the glass (nice) so I don't have to clean around them. The inside of the window will be primed for painting. I am doing white trim again. I just like white interior trim, it works with everything.
The shingles will be an architectural black and the soffit/fascia is Norwegian Wood. The trim around the windows and the peak will match the soffit and the stone and horizontal siding will be slightly darker. The lumber yard is ordering the stone samples for me to look at so as soon as they come in I can finalize that part. Eldorado Stone had 2 cool new looks that I really liked. Not a cheap endeavor but it will definitely give us curb appeal. (again if I had curbs)
This basement is causing quite a mess, I can't wait for the crews to slim down to just builders, electricians, and plumbers. Then the fun begins!
No comments:
Post a Comment