Yes, it is spring in North Iowa. The ground is still thawing and Mother Nature brings us rain. 1+1= Too much water. We should expect these kinds of things here.
All the framing materials and windows have been ordered. I am so excited about my cute little cottage style windows. I have been pouring over soffit and shingle colors for a few days trying to make the best decision. I want the place to blend with the surroundings and not stick out like a sore thumb. I don't want my new country neighbors to think I am building a mansion out there. It should be inconspicuous to everyone but with lots of cuteness and curb appeal (if we had curbs).
I want Hazel to say to Merle "Look at that cute little house in the trees, I never noticed it before".
My lesson this weekend was: Ely Mastre. I am ashamed to say I never knew Keith's dad first name until Scott our builder asked, How deep was Ely's well? We bought our property from Keith and he grew up there. It was his dad's farm before his. In a small town and country, everybody knows everybody. Scott's in-laws are technically our neighbor. They live up the road and to the left. I can see their roof from our back yard.
I am going to name something after Ely in his honor plus it is a cool name. Ely's Grove (for the spruce) or Ely's Garden Cottage (for the corn crib/shed)... hmmm. Something else to ponder.
No comments:
Post a Comment