Thursday, April 8, 2010

Disturbing the peace...

Last night Todd started skimming off the black dirt where the basement is suppose to be and took down 2 small trees. One tree was a silver maple (not a favorite) and the other was a small Ash. He felt very bad last night about disturbing the ground and removing the Ash from the property. I really tried to block it out and remind myself that I will replant. Unfortunately, that is the price you have to pay sometimes to create less disturbances elsewhere. We have so many mature oaks I couldn't part with one.
This morning Todd and Marty got to work bright and early. As I was leaving for work I snapped a few pictures of them working. They are digging the basement today so Mike and his guys can put the forms in on Monday. It is finally happening! After 2 1/2 years of owning this land we will finally make it our home by the end of this year. It is a wonderful feeling.
Before I end today I would like you to take a moment of silence in remembrance of "Uno Oho" the cat that once resided on the farm. He was not our pet but a stray that had a very rough life. He was very ill and died in 2008. (Dave this is for you!)








Marty is in the hoe and Todd is in the other.











No comments:

Post a Comment