Friday, April 2, 2010

The beginning...


I thought it would be nice to blog our progress on our new home. A lot of friends and family have asked me for pictures and are curious about what style of home we are building. Since we are doing this ourselves and hiring our own sub contractors this is a learning experience.

So far our budget is coming in lower than expected and that is a good thing. There are trade off's and compromises but all and all it is working out beautifully. We bought our plans which I felt strongly about and had the changes made. It took a little while to get them but now we have all the plans, and permits taken care of. We have decided to install geo thermal with radiant heat, the rebates are big right now and it made sense for the long term.


For the first blog I have attached a picture of the drawing. We have some changes but nothing too major. Today they are doing the final stakes for the footprint so they can start digging. The well is suppose to be dug this week too. Things are in motion.


It is cold and damp today so it isn't a good day for pictures. I will add those as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment