Deck at our old house on Lakeview Drive
For the last week or so I have used this phrase "I am homesick for a home". I left my house in January and I have been living out of plastic tubs ever since. I don't miss my old house, I just miss having a house. I walk through the new house and picture the space in my mind and pretend I am waking up in our bedroom or having coffee on the new 3 season porch. Watching the sunrise through my living room window.There are special spaces on Lakeview Drive I miss depending on the season. For example, right now I miss my deck at the old house. In the morning I could have my coffee and in the afternoon I could read a book in my comfy chairs. It was the best part of my summer. To lose yourself in a story surrounded by some of your favorite things. My little homemade fountain that would drown out the sounds of cars and motorcycles. My beautiful green plants and white flowers I carefully picked every spring. The towering Ash tree that kept our deck shaded in the afternoon. The smell of the basswood trees in bloom around the 4th of July.
So, my thoughts now wonder to the new spaces we will create. The new memories we will make. I miss the old spaces today but I have gained so much more. Unfortunately, the basswood trees were cut down this summer, my old deck was empty with no life, the fountain is in my storage unit, and the energy I gave to that space moved to the country. It isn't the space sometimes, it is the people. The people that keep the spaces beautiful and full of life. I am excited and full of ideas to create a place that my family can enjoy for years to come. A no stress zone, a place of peace and love.
In these photos you can seen the old trees in the background.
Dedicated to the old Basswood Trees on the corner of Lakeview Drive and Ash Street.



No comments:
Post a Comment