Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Stop all that whining!

So, this morning I hopped on to facebook to check out the scene and low and behold many friends were having MAJOR water issues! So I decided to stop all my whining!




Seriously, my issues can be controlled with gutters and more back filling. I have 2 sump pumps working to keep the serious stuff out and the dampness is due to humidity. I am not sure these people can control the water that is 3 feet high in their basement! Ames is so bad we actually closed our Ames office due to rising water. SKCO NEVER CLOSES! It has to be pretty bad for the big guy to say "shut the doors". All in all, I am giving up on fighting mother nature. I will do my best to make my situation better but water is water and it will always travel the path of least resistance.



The house is progressing and that is all I am concerned with. I would like to add that there have been attitudes and issues to deal with along the way. My philosophy is to stay focused on the end result and that is to build our house our way. Todd and I are a team. We may not deal with issues and obstacles the same way but we are united on the end result! This is our home and together we worked hard to get here! Ok, I will get off my soap box now. :)



On a more positive note, I have ordered items for the house from CSN Lighting online. Their customer service has been over the top good. I received some damaged items and some items that just weren't up to par but they were punctual and friendly with a solution. If you are looking for an online company to work with, I recommend them. I understand life happens but their willingness to handle the problem and work with you has been awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment